It’s no news that, for many industries, sales has been one of the most affected areas in the wake of the pandemic. Whether impacted by revenue decreases, or merely having to adapt to dramatically different working conditions, many sales teams have been operating in a far-from-normal environments. As remote work became the norm, new challenges arose. Many organizations have struggles to keep sales teams engaged and motivated from afar.
As we look forward to brighter times, and perhaps some return to normalcy, we’d like to share some of our favorite inspirational quotes for sales teams. But first, do inspirational quotes really work?
Are Inspirational Quotes Effective?
Motivational quotes have become quite popular on the internet, but, are they actually effective for inspiring your sales teams? In spite of the cliché, there is evidence to support that they are.
According to psychologist and motivation expert Jonathan Fader, the message that someone else believes you are able to achieve something can be a strong incentive to try harder. Similarly, psychology and communications expert Scott Sobel explains, “Humans are aspirational. We want to look up to role models and leaders and follow what they ask.” He adds that “Leaders and their words –inspirational quotes– affect us on a primal level.” In other words, people tend to work harder when someone they look up to encourages them to do so.
Likewise, a psychological study from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reveals that “affirmation allows people to see otherwise-threatening information as more self-relevant and valuable” (Cascio, C., et. al 2015). This study proved that people that were exposed to positive affirmation were more likely to experience behavior change in the month following intervention. This research suggests that, in various domains, affirming core values helps people do better.
So, you can actually boost your teams’ engagement and performance by giving your sales reps regular feedback and positive affirmation, even in the form of inspirational quotes! What’s most important is that leaders take an active role in their teams’ motivation.
Stop Over-Planning and Start Doing!
Every team is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution to inspire sales reps. But you also don’t need anything complex to get started. You can make big changes by adding small details to your daily activities.
Here are some of our favorite inspirational quotes for sales teams this year. Maybe share a few with your team. You can send an email, a chat, or upload them to your Hurrah! Leaderboards channel. Not a Hurrah! user? Learn more about our sales leaderboards solution to complement your motivation strategy.
20 Inspiring Sales Quotes In 2021!
- “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” — Spencer Johnson
- “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” — Frank Ocean
- “The stronger the why, the easier the how becomes.” — Jim Rohn
- “Either you run the day or it runs you.” — Jim Rohn
- “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” — Suzy Kassem
- “Play up what you got and forget about what you don’t have, in business and life!.” — Barbara Corcoran
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.” — Stephen McCranie
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them.” — David Brinkley
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
- “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.” — Elon Musk
- “A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitable have his choice made for him by circumstance.” — Hunter S. Thompson
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” — Tim Notke
- “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” — James N. Watkins
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karem Lamb
- “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” — John C. Maxwell
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” — Chris Grosser
- “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” — Mike Murdock
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Arthur T. “Art” Williams